Indian Pudding

 Having tried the crockpot for the Worster House Baked Indian Pudding (see blog), I decided to go with a good thing. Especially when I read the details of the recipe. Eight to ten hours in a slow oven? This is what crockpots were born for.

Of the two Indian Pudding recipes in this cookbook, I lean towards this one. Worster House uses raisins as the fruit sweetener, and this recipe uses apples. I just have a personal preference for apples. It helps cut the heaviness of the molasses. In fact, I think another time around, I'd cut back on the molasses, as it needs to be more balanced with the light sweet flavor of the apples. 

Again, I am a cold pudding person, when I do eat puddings. So I ate this cold, but the recipe recommends hot, with vanilla ice cream, which sounds delightful!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans