Great-Gram's Blueberry Cake

 I serve as pastor for two churches in Mid-coast Maine. Both churches have a blueberry cake recipe which the cooks in the church make for church suppers. It's a great recipe. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, every time. And I admit I was very loyal to the recipe, although I knew that some church cooks preferred other recipes.

So I tried this recipe with some misgivings. I was prepared to not consider it as good as the one my churches use. Well...let's just say that I'm not as loyal to the church recipe as I used to be...

Wow, this recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The only thing I did, to adapt this recipe, is to place it in a smaller baking pan. I noticed that my church recipe calls for a 9x13. I noticed that this recipe has about half the ingredients of the church recipe. So, I figured pouring it into an 8x11 would work fine, and it was perfect!

It is dense and moist and just the right sweetness but not too sweet, and just the right blueberries but not too blueberry! This is my new go-to blueberry cake recipe. And what does my husband want for his birthday cake this week? He loves this recipe and wants this cake to celebrate!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans