Fudgy Organic Chocolate Nib Brownies

 These brownies are for all the Chocolate Lovers of the World. While I still very much love the Bangor Brownies (circa 1910, by the Ladies Aid of the M.E. Church in Naples), reviewed on July 9th...the Bixby chocolate in these brownies is, well, perfect.

I've never encountered baking brownies with parchment paper. That was a first for me. I guess it's not bad insurance, since it does lend an even baking to the batter and not a single edge of the brownies have burned or even overcooked.

I loved the pop in my mouth when my tongue met the sea salt. I adored watching the beautiful extra-large chocolate baking chips melt gently into the butter. There are lots of eggs, lots of vanilla and yummy dark brown sugar in this heavenly mix. And sprinkled into the batter and on top? Bixby Bean to Bar Cocoa Nibs. Especially for those seeking Cocoa Nirvana. The one ingredient I wish we had on hand to make the experience even better? Yup, vanilla ice cream. A warm brownie topped by vanilla ice cream. The best combination ever.

You can purchase Bixby chocolate at some area shops, but I couldn't find what I needed, and I was in Rockland already, so I went in search of 1 Sea Street Place. It was a sort of misty morning by the sea, and as I turned onto Sea Street, knowing that I was approaching a chocolate factory, I must admit that it all felt rather enchanting. You know, sort of Willy Wonka-enchanting, with magical candy-making happening just the other side of the old brick factory wall where I parked my little Prius.

I was about to enter a door when a woman came out of another door and explained that the factory was closed to the public due to COVID-19 and I could order online. I mentioned that I'm baking all the recipes in the Bicentennial Cookbook and just needed two ingredients for the Brownies. She knew exactly what I meant, and offered to get the items for me. Miraculously, I had the exact change for the two items. She was so incredibly kind to help me out. Thanks, Donna! I'll surely be visiting the Bixby & Co. Chocolate Factory when the virus is behind us. Who knows what chocolate wonders will appear!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans