Maine Wild Blueberry Salsa

This salsa is what you need when People-From-Away come to visit you in Maine (wearing masks, of course, in this difficult season of COVID-19). It shows off our blueberries quite nicely. Now, granted, I've tweaked it to my personal liking. Which means no hot stuff! I like the fruit matched with the tomato and the sweet onion, and the garlic and the olive oil. And a little rice vinegar. You can add a hot pepper if you want. Me, I had a red sweet bell pepper in the fridge, so I chopped that up, and it looks quite pretty and a little patriotic, even, with the blues and the whites. It is just a nice fresh fruit-and-vegetable flavor with a crisp bite of sweet onion. You might even try a dash of lime, to spice it.

As I write, today is a hot summer Saturday, and this salsa has chilled overnite, per direction, to allow flavors to blend. Scoop some of this with a tortilla chip, and wash it down with a cold beverage of your choice, and I promise it will be the best thing you have done for yourself all day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans