Nana Johnson's Fried Lobster

 This is an awesome way to serve lobster! And I discovered that the "big box" grocery offers to cook your lobster while you shop, so all I had to do was bring those babies home, crack them open to get the meat, cut meat in chunks, dip in a simple batter, and drop into hot vegetable oil til golden brown. 

If you are not familiar with making homemade batter, just listen to the advice in the recipe, as it is good advice--the batter needs to be "like salad dressing." I did have to play with the ratio of milk to flour, til it looked right, but I've never really met a batter dip that didn't need a little play to get it just the way you want it. I was a little worried that the lobster meat might get overcooked, but I kept a close eye on the batter bits in the oil, and pulled them out the minute they browned up.

Serve with fried onion rings, ketchup, sriracha mayo, and cocktail sauce. Yum!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans