Etta's Hot Dog Relish (Chow-Chow)

 By the time I got to this recipe, we were past the "season" of green tomatoes. So, I looked for a comparable relish recipe that uses red tomatoes...and proceeded to purchase the "greenest" tomatoes at the market! Hats off to Etta Pratt McIntire. The recipe makes up tons of relish (also called chow-chow), so I had to cut back a bit. 

We have yet to use the relish, and I think I read somewhere that it is best to let the flavors blend for a couple of weeks, so I'm reluctant to open a jar. I'm afraid my review of flavor will have to wait. I will say that relish takes patience and time. There is simply a great deal of chopping up to do. Even using a food processor, I still found that for canning relish, you just need to set aside a large block of time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans