Chocolate Sauce *used w/Margery Tucker's Chocolate Roll

 I chose to count this recipe separately, even tho it is simply a mini-recipe attached to another recipe (Margery Tucker's Chocolate Roll with Chocolate Sauce, see blog). I figured, you know, if someone has no clue how to make a chocolate sauce, you would need a recipe, right? I mean, chocolate sauce is just not part of my intuitive cooking skills, since my mother was a diabetic and we just didn't have much for sweets in the house. Therefore, few recipes for sweets were taught to me in my childhood.

I used a good brand of baking chocolate. I followed the directions carefully. I don't know. It just didn't come out like I expected it to. It looked watery and thin. It tasted okaaay. But not really what I was going for. *sigh*

I'm gonna weather this little culinary fail. I will do some research and try again. Meanwhile, I did try it on the chocolate roll and it was okay. I'm sure, with a little advice from some of my baking friends, I'll figure out how to do it right. I wonder if I can find the phone number for the current Blaine House chef to consult him/her? (Margery Tucker was the Blaine House chef for 25 years)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans