Bowdoin Logs

 Here is where the Resident Archaeologist shines. Me, I had no patience whatsoever for this recipe. I sliced the chunk of ice cream. I chopped up the Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers into tiny crumbs. I attempted to then roll the ice cream chunk in the crumbs, to make it look log-like. That is where I kinda lost it. It ended up looking like a rather gruesome soggy spotted hot dog. I gave up and marched upstairs to wail about the Log Fail. 

Now, I knew that the Resident Archaeologist likes nothing better than a Food Challenge. So he swiftly made his way to the kitchen with an idea in mind. Who knew that our Sushezi would be the perfect Bowdoin Log log-maker?!

What is a Sushezi, you ask? It is a plastic gizmo that looks rather like a log and is typically used to form sushi rolls. He proceeded to place the ice cream in both halves of the Sushezi, closed it up, extruded the "log" and then rolled it in the cookie crumbs and wrapped it in waxed paper and placed it in the freezer. Golly, why didn't I think of that?!

I did manage to think of my owl collection, when placing the logs on a plate for a photo. The little owl is my idea, but I must credit my husband for the beautiful logs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans