Apple Cream

 I figured that while I still have a few of those delightful 7-Up Cake "baby bundts" (see blog), I would try this Apple Cream, which is a recipe Marie Louise Gosselin Baril made for her family in the 1930s in Little Canada in Lewiston, submitted by her grandson, Rolande Lachapelle.

I cooked the apple to mush, as directed, but not really mushy enough, as I discovered. You see, you pair it with a little sugar and whipped egg whites. Egg whites are one of the transformative wonders of the baking world, transitioning from a clear gooey substance to an ethereal white cloud. So I found that the apples need to be the consistency of sauce, in order to not weigh down the white cloud too much. So, my picture does not do the recipe justice, as the apples were soft but still chunky, not light as sauce. I would also give thought to what kind of cake might best compliment the apple cream, such as an apple spice cake, or a plain spice cake.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans