7-Up Cake

 My friend, Karen, submitted the Pistachio Cake (see blog), so I already knew a recipe with 7-Up would surely be tasty. And it is!  It is so easy to put together, and if you have mini-bundt pans, this makes the perfect mini-bundt recipe.

Don't be put off by the baking time (1 and 3/4 hours). Not at all that long to bake. I think maybe it took 25 minutes in the mini-bundt pans. Half the recipe fills 2 mini-bundt pans, and makes up a nice large plate of the sweet little cakes.

I already had a simple frosting of confectioner's sugar and milk mixed up (used it for gluing the almonds to the Bowdoin Logs-see blog). So I drizzled some frosting over the cakes. Mighty tasty, and look out, because they are so small, you can't eat just one!

My husband tried one out, and the bowl of frosting was on the counter, along with some leftover sliced, toasted almonds. Invention is his middle name, so he dipped the little cake in frosting, then dipped it in the almond bowl, then popped it in his mouth. Mm-mm-good!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans