Tea Rolls and Bread

 I had planned to serve these rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. The third rising of the dough threw off my calculations of when they would be ready. Oh well. Rolls are terrific hot out of the oven any time, with butter, right?!

I recently figured out a new spot for my dough to rise. The pre-warmed oven didn't seem to be working well. So I studied the King Arthur Flour website for ideas and decided if I covered the dough carefully with a tight lid, or plastic wrap, I could place it above the heating grate on the floor, and rise it there. 

The first rising was successful. The second rising, even higher! And the shaped rolls rose beautifully in the pan. No complaints about the new dough-rising location. I did have to squish the last three rolls into the pan, since I had a little more dough than the pan wanted to accommodate.

This recipe was submitted by Paula Hopkins Dayboch, and it was her great-grandmother's recipe, Mary Lucretian Edes Hopkins. Her great grandmother lived in Greenville and made these rolls for an inn in Greenville. She later moved to Camden and made the rolls for guests at the Mt Battie Clubhouse. These are definitely restaurant-worthy rolls. We love them!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans