Stinky Foot Cranberry Apple Jelly

 True confession time. Yes, we have apples. Yes, we have cranberries. But did I have the time to core and peel the apples, and strain out the juice? Did I have the time to cook down cranberries, and strain through cheesecloth? Not really. So, enter storebought juice. I mean, I bought the no-sugar-added, and that right there is a time-saver. 

When the recipe says don't let this stuff boil over, I assure you, They Have Given Fair Warning. After you add the sugar, the beast has a mind of its own, and its mind says it is going to rise up out of the pan and take over Manhattan. Or something like that. We have a glass stove top, which is lousy for maintaining heat, or fine-tuning heat. Normally, I'd adjust the gas so that the recipe won't boil over. Alas, no gas stove. So it was touch and go there, rescuing the stuff from a boil-up-and-over.

This jelly looks so pretty in the jars. Very festive!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans