Maine's Lemon Potato Nut Rolls

 I thought at first glance that these were "rolls." You know, dinner rolls. Silly me. Much to my surprise, they are a fabulous breakfast treat. Like a coffee roll. But with lemon and potato and pecans. Yum!

It is a little time intensive, with the yeast dough rising, but well worth it. The dough kneads up easily and tucked in the oven on lowest temp, covered, gives it a good rise. And don't you just love the smell of yeasted dough and the anticipation of eating something yeasty-bread-delicious?

There is a lemon glaze recipe attached to this recipe. Very simple, but necessary to this melt-in-your-mouth roll, to put it over the top. I do think I would add a dite more lemon juice to the glaze. But then, I adore lemon.

This recipe won a blue ribbon at the Fort Fairfield Potato Blossom Festival, and I can see why!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans