Luce's Maple Cheesecake

Who doesn't adore cheesecake? It's something I've always thought must be ordered at a fancy restaurant, as if an ordinary cook like myself would not be able to pull it off in an ordinary kitchen.

Allow myself to introduce an extraordinary cheesecake, created right here in the parsonage kitchen by (drumroll please!) myself. As soon as I purchased the maple sugar (I had to special order it, as it could not be found in area stores), I was ready to go. And I discovered something that the chefs at high-end restaurants probably already know. It is incredibly easy to make cheesecake! 

The Resident Archaeologist was, at first, hesitant to try it. He is a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to maple syrup or maple flavor in general. It must be on pancakes in the morning, and pretty much nowhere else. But he tried this cheesecake and pronounced it restaurant-worthy!

The sour-cream-maple-sugar-and-vanilla topping makes this cheesecake really special. Serve with berries sprinkled on top and it will be out-of-this-world delicious. The recipe does not call for a graham-cracker crust. I think it is fine without, but next time I make this I will experiment with a crust, just to see how we like it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans