Inn Girl's Hot Fudge Sauce

 Since my childhood, I've always loved vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce. One of my fav desserts. I saw this recipe and couldn't wait to try it.

I keep Baker's chocolate on hand, and it is normally unsweetened. But the bar I found in the cupboard is sweetened. So I just decreased the amount of sugar in the recipe.

This appears to be a recipe that gets better with time. Even just letting the sauce sit while I got out the ice cream and searched for the scoop...the sauce thickened even in those few minute. The person submitting the recipe swears by coffee ice cream, but I'm sticking with what I love, vanilla. It marries so well with chocolate.

The Resident Archaeologist took one look at this sauce and said, "it belongs in milk." Clearly, this sauce is going to be a favorite in our kitchen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans