Dahlov Ipcar's Potato Almond Pudding

 I studied this recipe carefully, and decided it must be rather more like a souffle. The recipe calls for a casserole dish, but I suspected it would do this amazing puff-up in the oven, and sure enough, it did not disappoint. Fortunately, we own a lovely blue souffle dish for just such recipes.

I do not (yet) own a potato ricer, so I just mashed the dickens out of the potato and it seemed to work just fine. My favorite part of the preparation of this recipe was beating the egg whites and adding sugar. I have a small blue bowl that works perfectly with my handheld beater, to get two egg whites to "peak" perfection.

It's important to tuck the souffle dish in a pan of water, for even heating.

I used a Yukon Gold potato, which of course has a lovely golden color. So that certainly made the whole souffle look spectacular. I dished it into a small Fire King jadeite bowl, which gave a beautiful presentation, yellow against green. Then I lifted a forkful of the lovely dessert to my mouth and...well, have you ever eaten a stick of butter? Now, there's nothing wrong with lots of butter (oops, is my doctor following this blog? Yikes!). The butter might be something to cut back on, a bit, next time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans