Wowie Cake

 When was the last time you heard someone exclaim, "Wowie!"

Right, it was back in the early '70s. The recipe donor says that this recipe was popular back then, and became a favorite in her family. Once she had her own family, she added a cocoa peanut butter frosting. 

I chose to make just the cake, skipping any frosting. Keep it simple, with a little confectioner's sugar sprinkled on top.  It was so easy, I'm wondering why in the world cake mixes in a box were ever invented. Baking this cake "from scratch" was, yes, you guessed it, a piece of cake. (Hey, I couldn't resist.)

This cake is moist and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I used Lake Champlain Chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder, from Burlington, Vermont. BTW, this is my fav chocolate company, and could be yours, too, once you taste their excellent chocolate. When we crave a chocolate cake, this is the recipe I will use from now on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans