Worster House Baked Indian Pudding

 Indian pudding was never on the table at our family Thanksgiving meals, when I was a child. But I had a family member in my first marriage who felt that Thanksgiving wasn't complete without it, so he would bring a can of it to our table each year. I never tried it, as I'm just not much of a pudding eater.

This pudding was offered at the Worster House in Hallowell between 1925 and 1960. The person submitting the recipe got it from her grandparents, Thomas and Pauline Worster, whose slogan, at Worster House, was "Where Maine Goes to Dinner."  Love that slogan!

This pudding must cook in a slow oven for four hours. Being as how I didn't have four hours to babysit it, I decided to tuck all the ingredients in a small crockpot and do it the easy way. It worked great. It says to serve it hot, with vanilla ice cream. I'm accustomed to cold puddings, when I do eat puddings, and so I tried it first cold, and thought it was fine that way. But I look forward to trying it hot as well. And with ice cream? Well, who doesn't like two desserts in one?!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans