Rogan Josh Curry

 Here I am, in the kitchen, happily browning the lamb for this meal. I adore curried foods and my mouth is watering, anticipating the meal. In walks the Resident Archaeologist, to see what I am up to. I explain the recipe of the day, and mention that the recipe calls for browning the meat in ghee, but I skipped it, because who cooks meat in butter? This, of course, is my upbringing with a diabetic mother, who kept the whole family on a wicked healthy diabetic diet, which eschewed sauces and butters and whatnot.

He stares at me. Erupts in laughter and explains that if I'd ever tasted a buttered steak, I'd know what I've been missing. Ah, the benefits of a childhood with buttered meat.

So, except for the missing ghee, which by all accounts would make it taste even better, this recipe is marvelous. I did find that I needed to add sour cream to tone down the spice. I'm not exactly a hot spice kinda girl. This recipe introduced me to Garam Masala, which is a happy new relationship. Over rice, this meal is a hit, I'd say. And the next day's leftovers, even better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans