Roasted Chicken

It does seem fitting that as we near Election Day, I try Representative Chellie Pingree's recipe for Roasted Chicken. Over the past couple of decades, due to time constraints, I have often baked chicken in the roasting bags one can purchase at the grocery.  However, this recipe requires the time-honored practice of basting the chicken regularly, to keep it moist. So, I was a little anxious that it might dry out. No worries! It came out of the oven perfectly moist. I did find that due to the veggies and fruits in the cavity, it took a little longer to bake than usual.

Normally, I do not stuff a chicken, but since I try to follow a recipe as closely as possible the first time around, into the cavity went the diced celery, onion, apple, and garlic. It smelled great while baking! The recipe calls for fresh herbs, but we've had a frost, so I just sprinkled Herbes de Provence liberally, and it turns out that was just what the chicken needed. Thanks, Rep Pingree! And btw, I voted by absentee ballot today!

I served the chicken with Baked Beets and Mamie Berry's Cranberry-Sauce and Squash Dinner Rolls.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans