Red Flannel Hash

Guess who woke up to a breakfast of Red Flannel Hash?! The Resident Archaeologist thoroughly enjoyed the New England Boiled Dinner last night (see blog for that recipe) and wanted to surprise me with breakfast this morning. He even remembered that I like my eggs sunny-side up. I, of course, was not feeling sunny-side up until I drank some of that liquid energy called coffee.

He did have to add in the beets this morning, since we forgot to add beets last night in the Boiled Dinner. Heavens, this is a mighty fine way to greet the morning! Gives you the nutrients you need to tackle whatever is on your to-do list for the day. 

There are numerous ways to use leftover corned beef brisket. And my sweetheart is having fun imagining the different ways...reuben sandwich, corned beef and cabbage quesadillas, and so much more. An easy meat to prepare, with endless leftover possibilities.

I must admit that my childhood memories of corned beef hash come out of a can. Fresh is the way to go, with this meal, and transforms my less-than-positive childhood opinion of red flannel hash. Prepare and eat this hash for breakfast, and you will likely have visions of joining Paul Bunyan to cut timber and build a log cabin before lunchtime. In the afternoon, you'll no doubt help Babe-the-Blue-Ox to clear boulders in the field next to your new cabin, and sow seeds for a crop of corn before supper. Now *that's* a mighty fine breakfast!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans