Grandmere's Savory Canadian Meat Stuffing

 Get ready for the spiciest meat you have ever tasted in your life! I saw the amount of meat (one pound) in proportion to the amounts of spice (Tablespoons, not teaspoons!) and decided to downsize the spices according to what our taste buds could handle.  It's good stuff (see that play on words?!), and would be a great side for a Thanksgiving meal. We were not having turkey and all the fixin's the day I made this recipe. So, I punted and tried it on sliced baguette bread. I thought it was great, the only thing I would have added maybe was a dollop of spicy brown mustard on top to compliment the meat mixture. Where the recipe calls for turkey drippings, in a pinch, with no turkey on hand, Campbell's Soup makes pretty good turkey gravy and adds terrific depth of flavor. Merci, Grandmere, and Robyn Norton, of Berwick, who submitted the recipe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans