Dynamites

 Sometimes I'm in a hurry to get a meal on the table, and this looked like an easy meal to prepare. I like to bake meatballs in the oven, so those came together pretty easily. The sweet peppers and onions I chose to separate. I roasted the peppers in the oven and sauteed the onions in olive oil in a saucepan while the tomato sauce was heating in another saucepan. I did step out of the kitchen for what I thought was just a minute, but note-to-self, onions can burn in a heartbeat if you don't watch them. Yup, they got black pretty darn quick. I took them off the heat and when I called my husband downstairs to supper, I just explained that the onions were supposed to be "charred." (Did he buy it? well, no, but all the more onions for me, right? I don't mind a little "char.")

I remember enjoying dynamites in my childhood when my family lived in Bangor. Some of our friends introduced us to them. My mom was a great meatball-maker, and we all loved her meatballs. It would have been an easy step for her to make dynamites, but she preferred a straight-up meatball sandwich with sauce, no veggies, or another fav in our home, meatballs and spaghetti.

These are good, filling, and easy to prepare for a group. I found a "sausage bun" at the grocery that was perfect to hold meatballs, veggies, and sauce. Definitely making these again, and again, and again!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans