President George H. W. Bush's Lemon Bars: For Lemon Lovers of America!

 Lemons. I remember when my son was a toddler, he adored lemons, of all things, and would make this cute little puckered-up-yet-happy face when he ate them. I like lemonade. I like lemon slices in a glass of ice water. I love those tall glasses of lemonade and strawberries that became popular about a decade ago in restaurants...great thirst-quencher. 

But lemon bars and I have never really become acquainted until now. And I'm not sure this is my favorite experience with lemons. No offense, President Bush. Maybe it's the powdered sugar in the crust. The overall amount of sugar in this recipe sort of overpowers the lemon. And I was more expecting a happy lemon moment in my mouth. But the sugar won out. If I try this recipe again, I'll cut back on the sugar.



Comments

  1. Lovely photo and, as usual, wonderful writing. Yes, always a good idea, in my opinion, to bet on less sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please be kind and considerate. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans