Marsha, The Almost Perfect Woman's Rhubarb Crisp

 Yes, that's the name of this recipe. And the fellow responsible for naming it? The Humble Farmer, none other than Robert Skoglund. He is a writer and humorist, and just an all-around funny guy. It is worth buying this cookbook just to read his story behind this rhubarb crisp. Get ready to chuckle!

Any crisp is worth making and eating. This one, especially so. I take back any negative vibes I've ever had towards Jello. A sprinkle of strawberry jello powder makes this a sweet eat. And, did you know that Mrs. Hannaford (okay, so I really mean the grocery store, not a real person, for those of you "from away") keeps rhubarb in the freezer for people like me, looking for it out-of-season?

Love this crisp, as you can see from the photo. Normally, I would take a picture of the food in one of my vintage dishes. I sat down to the computer to update the blog and discovered that while I had eaten a serving of the crisp, I had not stopped to take a picture! Fortunately, there was still some left as I write. The rhubarb was too shy to be dished out just for a photo op, but you can see that it is well loved, judging from how much has already been eaten!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans