Baked Beans a la Two Glorias

Isn't it fun to name a recipe because you can? This one has a story behind it, and yes, you'll need to buy the cookbook to hear the full story. It's a good one!

But I'll tell you the secret to the recipe. It's a hoot. The cook says she often bakes the beans from scratch, for a special Labor Day Weekend event with family and friends, but sometimes, if she doesn't have time, she...opens cans of B&M pork and beans and doctors it up a bit. And, of course, puts it all in a bean pot! Very clever! 

And so, I was short on time, myself, Saturday night, when I chose this recipe. My favorite part of the meal? The way my husband slices the onions razor-thin and cooks them just right, to pile onto the beans and the dogs. And he always butters and toasts the hot dog buns, which makes for the perfect hot dog...or should I say, red dog!

This recipe rates right up there with Stephen King's Lunchtime Gloop. I am all for opening a can to make the meal preparation easier and stress-free.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans