Mike's Famous Damariscove Oatmeal, Raisin & Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Do these cookies even need a review? I mean, have you ever met a "bad" cookie? Never have I ever! I have maintained a close friendship with cookies ever since that first chocolate chip cookie introduced itself to my mouth as a very young child. I owe my lasting relationship with cookies to my mother and my father's mother. Mom was known for her chocolate chip cookies, and Grama always baked tins and tins and tins of cookies for us to tide us through the holidays.

This recipe reminds me of my Aunt Linda's "Kitchen Sink Cookies." She put lots of "healthy" ingredients in that recipe, and confessed to me that it was her go-to sneaky method of feeding her kids something they thought was "junk food" but was actually packed full of good things.

I like the chocolate chips in this batch, but I do wonder if butterscotch chips might taste just as wonderful (or maybe mint chocolate chip?!). I made a half-recipe, since it is just myself and the Resident Architect home for the weekend. It makes up about two dozen, using my trusty cookie scoop to measure equal portions of dough. And directions say I can put the dough right onto the cookie sheet w/no grease. But I don't want to waste any with possible burning, especially when I'm working with a brand new recipe, so I am cautious and use parchment paper.

These cookies would do in a pinch, if you are running out the door in the morning and don't have time for breakfast. Not quite the same as a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar, but yes, those are some of the ingredients in these cookies! I like the sort of chewy texture of these cookies, and it is hard to take just one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans