Hushweh

 This is a traditional Lebanese dish. It has ground lamb and rice and cooked chicken. What really brings it together, though, is the spice. Which makes it sweet and delicious. I usually read recipe directions thoroughly, but I was speed reading and missed a few steps. It still turned out fabulous, with some improvisation.

The recipe indicated you could use either ground beef or ground lamb. But I figured if it's a Lebanese dish, why not use lamb? So I splurged (it's definitely more expensive than ground beef!). And that was definitely the right choice. My husband and I agreed it would taste completely different with beef, and we both liked the lamb. I used a very basic white rice, and we agreed maybe a jasmine would be better next time around.

This food is eaten by taking pieces of Lebanese bread (flatbread) and scooping the mixture into the bread. We used small flour tortillas. We happened to have corn on the cob for vegetable at table tonight but this dish is often served with salad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans