Haddock Chowder

 Sometimes it is the meal with the fewest ingredients that tastes The Best. A little haddock, a few potatoes and onions, a little butter, half and half (we like fat-free), and salt and pepper to taste.

Oh, delish! An extremely satisfying Comfort food with-a-capital-C. The one new twist to the preparation, for me, was that the recipe called for parboiling the fish. Usually, I just put the fish right into the hot milk and let it cook in the milk. It was just as easy, I found, to remove the potatoes from the boiling water, and just drop the fish in. It doesn't take but a minute or two for the fish to turn opaque and flaky. Then you put all the ingredients that were separated together in a happy chowder (yes, I watched Bob Ross on TV years ago, and if he can call painted trees happy, I can call chowder happy!). There were leftovers, and I look forward to the blending of flavors in the fridge overnight and an even better chowder tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans