Gluten-Free Scallop and Lobster Mac & Cheese

 My husband and I are not on a gluten-free diet, so we used regular pasta. I didn't feel like macaroni, so I used mini penne. Really turned out to be the perfect choice, allowing the cheese sauce to cling to its ridges.

I read the recipe, then just basically used what I had on hand. I did plan for the cooked lobster itself, since I had 2 small cooked lobsters in the fridge from the church Lobster Takeout the night before. We don't use Velveeta, plus I have never heard of shredded Velveeta, which seems like an anomaly. We had shredded Swiss, shredded Cabot sharp cheddar, and of course, grated Parmesan on hand. And milk, and butter. It tosses together quickly, and only has to bake about 15 minutes in the oven. Which is good, because it was well past my lunchtime and I was starving!

As you can see from the recipe title, there should be a scallop in the mix somewhere. But there is not. We just didn't have any on hand. And I'm a bit of a purist. I like my lobster as the star of a lobster dish. And I like my scallop as the star of a scallop dish. So, I skipped the scallop. My taste buds were just as happy with bite after bite of cheesy buttery pasta and lobster. We will definitely put a couple of gold stars at the top of this recipe, and make this again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans