Shaker Stewed Tomatoes

I am not sure why these stewed tomatoes are unique to the Shakers, except that they appear to have developed a special herb blend which they liked to use with their stewed tomatoes: "Shaker Bouquet Garni." Now, this is pretty much your basic Herbes de Provence. But Shaker style!

I decided to just make this ahead, this evening, and have it in the fridge ready to pour over pasta and pesto for an easy meal. The weather is hot and quick and easy is what I'd like to be preparing for meals, except that I've got this goal to bake all of the recipes in this cookbook in the year 2020. Hah! Which means I'm having to double up recipes in the month of July, so that I can then cook only one recipe/day for the rest of the year. And there are precious few recipes that don't use the heat of an oven...but I'll get through the extra recipes in July, and then things won't be so hectic. Right now, trying to find time to get the right ingredients together for two recipes/day and find the time to cook them both is a little crazy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans