Mom's Wicked Awesome Crab Cakes

I have always thought of seafood as a "special treat" due to the cost. But the truth is that you can purchase a half pound of fresh crabmeat (a shout-out to Graffam Bros. Seafood Market in Rockport, ME) for about $16. This recipe makes 4 crab cakes, and the only other ingredients are Ritz crackers, a couple eggs, chives out of my garden, and a bit of spice, dash of lemon. 

So, where can you get a decent-sized burger for four bucks? These crab cakes are not your thin-as-air fried coins that you are served at a restaurant, costing an-arm-and-a-leg. These are substantial, deeply flavorful moist crab cakes, lightly browned and filled with savor-every-bite crabmeat goodness. Worth every single one of those four dollars, and then some.

From my roomie, the guy who is king of the understatement: "You can make these again." I think he likes them!

And yes, I'll make these again. In part because I'm glad to pay four bucks for that much flavor in my mouth again, and I like to make food my roomie loves. Plus, in this pandemic, hey, we need to support our fishermen, right?! Oh, and if my kids every want to designate a recipe of mine as "Mom's Wicked Awesome fill-in-the-blank" that would be okay with me (a shout-out hint to my kids and step-kids).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans