Crabmeat-Stuffed Filet of Sole

Full disclosure: the fish you see in the photo is not sole! It is flounder. I was at the seafood shop and picked up the crabmeat and asked if they had sole, and the answer was no. So I asked if they had any similar fish, and they said, yes, flounder. New experience for me! And I liked it! But I knew I would like it, because haddock is a white fish, and I love haddock.

Of the three pieces on the plate, interestingly, the moistest, most flavorful was the largest piece. The two smaller ones were on the dry side, but the largest piece was perfect, just the right amount of crabmeat stuffing and the fish was cooked to perfection. I bathed all three in lemon, and that added to the flavor. It should be noted that the recipe calls for too much crabmeat. It's simply not possible to stuff tiny little flounder filets with that much crabmeat. Which is a happy problem, I'll admit. We'll use the leftover crabmeat for salads tomorrow!

This recipe takes minutes to prepare, and sounds and tastes impossibly elegant. I would serve this with asparagus and rice. I also might play around with a sauce for it, to ensure that small pieces would not dry out...nothing that would overwhelm the delicacy of the crabmeat, but some sort of sauce would be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans