Clam Cakes

If you like crab cakes (see Mom's Wicked Awesome Crab Cakes in this cookbook and in my blog), you'll love these clam cakes. A little bit sloppier to put together, due to all the clam liquid, but the end result is "wicked good."

I'm getting pretty good at looking at the amount of herbs called for in a recipe, and walking out to the herb garden and picking just about exactly the amount needed. The fresh parsley in this recipe (1/2 cup) is simply a "nice handful" from the garden. This is my first summer with an herb garden for the parsonage, and I'm so enjoying adding fresh herbs to my recipes.

Due to the liquid (I drained as best I could), I tossed in more panko bread crumbs than called for, by about a half a cup, to give more solidity to the cakes.  Directions call for frying quickly over medium-low heat, turning once. I don't know what quickly means, but my cakes appeared done after about five minutes each side. The recipe makes up four thick cakes. A little tartar sauce, and macaroni salad that my husband whipped up, and we have a very tasty meal on a hot July night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans