Chive Oil

I made the chive oil that is to be drizzled into the Potato and Leek Soup (had to go buy a food processor to do it properly). The soup tastes great on its own (I like it cold, my husband prefers it hot). But the chive oil adds a nice flavor treat. The chive oil is at its best for a week or so. The soup is at its best for several days in the fridge, and then can be frozen. I did not use the heavy cream called for in the soup recipe, preferring the light cream we keep on hand for our coffee. So I'm hoping that the soup will thaw properly for future enjoyment. Cream soups sometimes will not behave well after freezing. We'll see. At any rate, I liked this chive oil well enough that I gave it separate billing from the soup. It could be used to enhance other recipes, including spreading on a piece of crusty bread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans