Applesauce

I've made applesauce before. When I had babies and wanted them to have as much home-made food as possible. This is not so much a recipe as it is a list of the contributor's favorite apple varieties, and how applesauce can go with just about anything (breakfast foods, meats, desserts, etc.). It was really very relaxing to peel the apple (the contributor recommends cooking the apple, peel and all) and chop it and cook it down with just a splash of water.

When it looked like the slices were soft, I grabbed the potato masher and pressed the soft pieces down. It all went into a lovely, chunky mush. I like my sauce with small chunks, so that was perfect. As you can see in the dish. And I couldn't wait to pair it with any other food. The applesauce (Macintosh) slipped down my throat, soothing and warm and sweet. A simple comfort food, hands-down better than storebought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans