Apple Walnut Cake

This recipe calls for walnuts, but the recipe donor says herself that the cake is "just as tasty without nuts." So, I knew I had apples on hand, having recently made a yummy Bread Pudding with apples. And I couldn't find my walnuts (Honestly, sometimes I think I have put an item in my shopping cart, and I get home to find the item missing and wonder if it landed in someone else's cart by mistake!).  I took the recipe donor at her word, and baked this cake without nuts.

How to pare down the size of this cake for just the two of us? It suggests a bundt pan, and happily, I have a mini-bundt pan. Half the recipe makes up six small bundts. The recipe comes together very easily, and two chopped apples give just the right moisture to the cake. The recipe suggests baking 45 minutes, but I would recommend a shorter bake time, perhaps 35 minutes, for the mini-bundts. The outside of the bundt has a wonderful crispness, and the inside is moist and apple-y. I sprinkled powdered sugar over the mini-bundts and they present beautifully on this Noah's Ark plate from a friend of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans