The Challenge

Last year, I saw a movie: Julie & Julia, about a delightful young woman who loved everything about Julia Child, but especially her cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol 1. This young woman, Julie Powell, determined to cook her way through the MAFC in one year. I was enthralled. I wanted to do this, too. But when I saw how massive the MAFC book is, I faltered. Mayyyybe not.

Enter the year 2020, the pandemic, and work-at-home/stay-at-or-near-home reality. A friend of mine posted online that she had entered a recipe in the new Maine Bicentennial Community Cookbook. To support my friend, and because I love reading cookbooks, I ordered the book. And fell in love! On the spur of the moment, on Friday, June 19th, I decided to cook through the recipes in this book by the end of the Bicentennial year. I have tried one recipe per day this past week, (except the night we ate leftover Seafood Pie-it was too hot to cook!). 

So, I will be posting about this cooking adventure, and looking forward to what I will learn from it, and how my taste buds will be introduced to new foods! The stories that accompany the recipes are tender, intriguing, and inspiring. I hope you enjoy this journey with me.

Comments

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Please be kind and considerate. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans