Potato Fudge

The person who contributed this recipe attributes it to her grandmother, Grace E. Locklin of Kezar Falls. There is a black and white photo accompanying this recipe and Mrs. Locklin stands in a doorway with her family. Lots of children! I can just picture their delight when their mother made this fudge.

There are only four ingredients to this recipe. And you guessed it, one of them is a potato. Who knew you could make a dough with mashed potato and powdered sugar? Not me, but then, I'm not a fudge connoisseur. My sweet tooth is not keen on something so over-the-top sweet.  One small change to the recipe might make me a fan of this fudge, tho. I would replace the peanut butter filling with Nutella. Why didn't I? The cupboard is fresh out. I confess that rolling the peanut-butter covered dough into a log was a trick. The dough wanted to stick to the pastry mat. Eventually, it released and rolled properly.

Don't you just love the way the fudge looks on the plate, cut to show the swirl of peanut butter? Makes me wonder what pretty dish Mrs. Locklin might have laid out the fudge on, before the children enjoyed the treat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunchtime Gloop

Maine Party Chicken

Dad's Bean Hole Beans